Where Geek Meets Physique

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Say what? Rewind, back up, start again!

First things first, I really fraking hated doing the CBL/CNS hybrid which really just turned into straight up CBL. When I say hate I mean with a firey burning passion. I felt like crap, I had no benefits of ketosis so eating ultra low carb during the day was just worthless. I was not recovering well from my workouts despite the 3-4 times a week of carb backloads. My energy was shot and I just felt blah. I took several days off from the backloads and then Friday night ate a huge ass bacon double cheeseburger from jack in the box. I got instantly hot and had to ride with my window down in 35 degree temps. Yep, smoking hot. I hadn't planned on that cheat meal since Sunday I knew I'd be eating like a pig at a Superbowl party. Whatevs my body obviously needed it so I went with it. Then Saturday I had this insane craving for a box of chocolates. Like I would have cried if I didn't get it right then and there. Bless my husband for getting it for me. I ate it all. And then had a blast eating at the party the next day.  --Yea just look at that burger OMG so worth it ;p


Monday however I was pissed at myself for eating like that all weekend. I knew I was going to do another reorientation phase and get back on CNS so I didn't stay mad at myself very long. Surprise I had my energy back, I felt better, my brain was clear, and I was recovering just fine from my workouts. Yesterday created my first love/hate relationship with CNS. I felt the signs of ketosis, I felt the symptoms of being glycogen depleted. It was AWESOME! It also sucked when I was near death and about to bonk hard on my HIITs. I decreased my protein intake and upped my fat intake for the day, it seemed to be what my body was really needed. I kept the fat clean, pretty much stuck with coconut oil. I woke up this morning feeling well rested, which never happens, full of energy and just generally fantastic. We shall see how the rest of the day goes as I have team posing, plyos and some shake ya booty steady state cardio on my plate.



Oh and tomorrow? Carb nite, The Walking Dead, and our 2nd son's 16th birthday. Yea that's gonna be an epic fking carb nite. So far the plan is get up and do my HIITs first thing, then late afternoon hit the gym to work back and bi's, pwo will be my usual shake, but to start off the carb nite I'll have sweetarts (1st ingredient is dextrose, winning!) and sour patch kids. After that the husband and I will head to the mall to enjoy a huge soft pretzel and latte (or breve in my case mmmm love those!). After that we will head home and pick up a couple of take n' bake pizzas from papa murphys for dinner. Now here is where it really starts to get awesome, dinner of course being the pizza, then dessert will be red velvet cake and ice cream while we watch The Walking Dead. Originally I was going to make this kick ass zombie cake but that was thwarted thanks to Party City being closed down, jerks. Bedtime snack will be 2 Reese's hearts for Nate, and 1 Reese's egg for me as well as a donut or some other danish/pastry. I am so excited I could pee myself right now. Just holding out for this carb nite feels like it is killing me because I am so depleted now even my brain is starting to act stupid. Only at night so I guess I can deal with that. Anyways, that's where I am, had a successful re-reorientation, feeling totally ketogenic and glycogen depleted, seriously craving my carb nite.


No comments:

Post a Comment